Adaptive Media, a publicly traded Irvine-based company, is a multi-channel and content monetization company serving website owners, app developers, and video publishers who want to optimize digital content with impactful, engaging advertising experiences. Adaptive Media provides programmatic audience and content monetization technologies for display, mobile, and video advertising across multiple devices.
We’re in a highly competitive and active market, and our products are similar to Rocket Fuel’s RTB, BrightCove’s CMS, and Adap.TV’s waterfall management system. Adaptive Media offers the complete digital video technology stack to support its clients with platform, content, and supply offerings, all backed by a state-of-the-art, data-driven, programmatic advertising technology.
The Software Engineer deals with the software development process on various different platforms and devices. They help with developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining applications for clients.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prototyping solutions in various different programming languages
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Coordinating closely with peers ensuring proper implementation of system specifications
- Practicing common modern web practices to deliver an efficient and intuitive user experience
- Maintaining W3C standards compliance
- Working with mock ups and implementing fully working graphical user interfaces
- Troubleshooting applications based on client feedback and giving accurate estimates on work required
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
- Contributing to documentation and explaining situations to other non-technical staff
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline from an accredited university or institution
- A strong background in IP networking, service infrastructure, or software deployments
- At least 2 years experience with Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, or analogous tools for log processing, message queuing, etc.
- At least 2 years experience with large-scale use of NoSQL and clustered databases such as Cassandra, HBase, CounchDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning
- Experience coding and/or debugging in any fourth generation language
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and large-scale web server farms
- Ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication
- Collaborative interpersonal skills to work effectively with various departments and company leadership
What We Offer
- A convenient location in Orange County’s High Tech Irvine Area
- A competitive salary (DOE)
- Learning and results driven culture
- Professional development aligned to team and Company goals
- A fun atmosphere
- Compensation program focused on recognizing and rewarding valued contributions and results
- Medical – HMO or PPO, Dental – DPPO, Vision
- Time off benefits: Company holidays and paid-time-off
- Educational Assistance Program and access to over 2,000 e-learning courses